Head of Finance Opportunity - (4 days per week) - Excellent Pension
Macildowie is delighted to be partnering with an organisation in the education sector based in Northamptonshire who are looking for an experienced finance professional for a Head of Finance/ Finance Manager opportunity. They are open to individuals from all sector backgrounds so should you have purely private sector experience they would be keen to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to various elements within an educational organisation with both a management & financial accounting element. You will be reporting into the Director of Finance managing a team of 4 and there is also view that you will potentially deputise for the Director of Finance and so offers a great opportunity to progress and develop also should this be wanted.
- Part time - 4 days per week
- Full time equivalent salary of £44,000 - £48,000
- Exceptional pension - 23% employer contribution
- Miscellaneous benefits - free onsite parking, onsite gym, subsidised catering & health cash plan
- Hybrid - blend of remote and on site
- Managing a team of 4 individuals, 3 on the transactional finance side and one accountant
- Preparing the monthly accounts commentary as well as cash flow forecast
- Planning and executing the annual business planning and budget process, liaising with the various budget holders
- Liaising with internal and external auditors and also supporting the Director of Finance with the yearend close down as well as production of year end group accounts
- The timely production of accurate management reports, including the statutory and monthly management accounts.
- Previous staff management experience (1-2-1's, PDP's etc)
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Experience supporting year end and audit prep and reporting
- Fluency and competence with excel and manipulating data (formula's intermediate level)
- Higher education/ further education experience - if not wider public sector/ not for profit experience would also be desirable
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and finding out more please apply now. We will be submitting the final short list by Friday 11th August so if you are interested in being considered please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Head of Finance OR Finance Manager OR Financial Controller OR Finance Director OR Director of Finance OR CFO OR Chief Finance Officer OR Chief Financial Officer OR Director of Resources