Like it or not, if you have a social media account of some kind, you have an online footprint and by definition, a personal brand. People are able to google your name, read about you, check out your photos, and form an opinion of what you’re all about and what makes you tick.
Create a Professional Digital Footprint
How can Macildowie help?
- We can help you work out what factors you need to consider to begin developing your own personal brand
- Developing a personal brand will help you build your network of contacts within your industry
- Guide you through the process of developing your personal brand and growing your LinkedIn network
- We can help you become more desirable online to hiring managers and employment opportunities
Don’t know where to start?
- What are my ambitions?
- How do my friends and colleagues view me?
- How do I want to be perceived by people?
- What makes me different from others?
- What are my values as a person?
- In what type of environment do I feel most confident?
- How have my managers motivated me to achieve great things?
How do you appear online?
First things first, type your name into google, with your current company name, and see what comes up. Then do the same with your email address. After this, evaluate how your LinkedIn and Facebook channels would appear to a potential employer too.
Once you’ve worked on your online personal branding, it’s time to update your offline tools like your CV, cover letter, personal email address, and interview etiquette. Each of these areas of your offline branding needs to be professional while still displaying your individuality and personality; companies will want to hire someone who fits the role and the culture.